To say that Sony’s PS4 console is very popular would be a huge understatement at this point. According to a number of Sony representatives, worldwide sales for the gaming console already surpassed 50 million units as of December 6th. The important milestone was achieved in a little over three years since the console first made its appearance on North American and European markets back in November of 2013. In terms of software sales, Sony revealed that more than 369.9 million PS4 games have been sold to date. This number includes the combined sales at retail stores worldwide and through digital download from the PlayStation Store.
“We’re truly delighted that the PS4 community continues to flourish since launch three years ago.” said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “With tremendous support from our fans and partners across the globe, this year we were able to deliver an unprecedented lineup of hardware such as the new slimmer PS4, PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR. We will continue to provide the best gaming experiences available through our ground-breaking software lineup and network services, as we focus on accelerating our business and expanding the PS4 ecosystem.”
Unsurprisingly, PS4 sales went up by quite a bit recently thanks to Black Friday, which played an important role in helping the console surpass the 50 million mark. While the company declined to provide any specific figures, Sony did confirm that this was their best Black Friday week ever. As a side note, the company also announced that the 50 million figure represents both the PS4 and the PS4 Pro systems sold as of earlier this month.
- Free Copies of Assassin’s Creed 3 Now up for Grabs on Uplay
- GOG Connect Returns for Another Round With 18 New Games
- Bulletstorm Remastered to Include All DLCs, New Campaign Mode
- Warframe: The War Within Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Month
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Weekend PC Game Deals – For Honor, Mass Effect Andromeda, Resident Evil 7 - January 20, 2017
- Might & Magic Showdown Looks Like a Warhammer Board Game in Digital Format - January 20, 2017
- Watch Dogs 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider Demos Available on PS4 - January 18, 2017