The folks over at Epic Games are still making good on their promise to announce a new Paragon hero every three weeks. This time around, the new addition goes by the name of Serath a melee carry that has a split personality, quite literally. You see, Serath is apparently both an angel and a demon, at least if the announcement trailer is anything to go by. While Paragon doesn’t focus too much much on the lore, Serath does look like the typical avenging angel archetype found in many fantasy games, however, she can also transform into a demon when the need arises. Serath’s kit goes something like this:
- Chastise – Serath attacks an enemy dealing damage and applying a slow. This attack also cleaves other nearby enemies.
- Heaven’s Fury – Serath hovers in place and hits each target in an area with a ghostly slash. Each slash deals damage one target at a time, with a delay between each attack. Serath is immune to damage and crowd control during this ability.
- Ascend – Rise into the air and then rapidly dive back down, traveling and dealing damage to a targeted area.
- Heresy – Serath lets her dark side take over and her abilities now apply a burn effect which creates a weakness aura around affected enemies. Enemies who are burning also take additional damage from Serath’s basic attacks.
Serath will be joining the Paragon roster next Tuesday, January 10th and, much like the game’s other heroes, will be free to play for everyone right off the bat. Paragon is currently still in Open Beta on PC and PS4 so go check it out if you haven’t already.
- XCOM 2 is Soon Getting the Long War Treatment
- Resident Evil 7 IRL is Coming to London this Month
- Mass Effect Andromeda: New Trailer, Skill Trees, Release Date
- Assassin’s Creed Humble Bundle Provides the Perfect Opportunity to Finally Jump into the Series