As you may or may not know, games are priced differently depending on where you live, with some countries getting much better deals than others. But while that’s usually the case with most companies, some publishers are more lenient when it comes to their prices. Paradox Interactive was one of the companies that, for several years, offered games that were priced below average in a lot of countries. I say was because that is no longer the case as of this writing.
After a lot of gamers from a variety of different countries started seeing price spikes on all Paradox Interactive titles, players demanded an explanation on the official forums. A company representative eventually came out and explained that prices on all Paradox games have been changed in some countries to match the purchasing power of those regions. In other words, Paradox Interactive titles are now more expensive in those regions. Affected areas include Japan, Canada, Russia, India, Mexico, South Korea, a number of EU countries, and more.
“Our prices have remained pretty much the same for several years and it’s only natural for us to re-evaluate price points at regular intervals based on the strength of various currencies, fluctuations in world markets and many other factors,” Paradox explained. “This is something that all publishers do and we are no exception. Sadly this means that the price has gone up for certain regions and whilst this is something we’d like to avoid, it’s necessary to keep our price point more in line with our other markets. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause and hope you can understand why we are doing this.”
Paradox Interactive have recently teamed up with Civilization V Lead Designer Jon Shafer and are said to be working on a new grand strategy game.
- Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 Demo Now Available to All PS Plus Members
- Black Desert Online Comes To Steam Bringing A Big Surprise
- Wild West Online Confirmed to Launch on PC Later This Year
- Heroes of the Storm Gets Another Overwatch Character in the Form of D.Va
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update and First DLC Now Live - June 21, 2017
- Diablo 3 Will Finally Let You Play as a Necromancer Starting Next Week - June 21, 2017
- Black Mesa Xen Pushed Back to December, New Screenshots Revealed - June 20, 2017