A new paid DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered has recently been announced by Activision. Entitled Variety Map Pack, its contents are pretty self-explanatory and include four highly requested maps from the original Modern Warfare. In addition, the Variety Map Pack also features 10 rare Supply Drops to boot. The DLC will set you back about $15 when it releases for PS4 later this month. Veteran CoD players will likely be quite familiar with the four upcoming maps known as Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek, and Killhouse. If those names don’t ring a bell, however, you can read a bit about them down below or on the official website.
- Broadcast: Based on the TV station from the campaign mission “Charlie Don’t Surf”, this map provides a unique blend of confined corridors and wide-open spaces. Outside the station, the parking lot contains long sightlines, but once inside, cramped hallways and a computer-cluttered broadcast room provide ample close-range combat opportunities.
- Chinatown: Set in a foggy downtown district, this nighttime map is lit up by flickering neon signs and a full moon. A re-imagining of the original Call of Duty multiplayer map “Carentan”, players will need to be careful on these streets, as almost every building in the map can be occupied, providing perfect cover for enemies waiting for a chance to line you up in their sights.
- Creek: Set in a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death, a gaping ravine divides this map into two. Open clearings with sheer cliff faces and ample forested cover make this map ideal for snipers and long-range firefights.
- Killhouse: A small training warehouse filled with various building mock ups that feature soft and hard cover points. Expect fast-paced and fierce firefights for maximum close-quarters chaos.
Modern Warfare Remastered players can expect the Variety Map pack to arrive on March 21st on the PS4. Activision didn’t reveal the release date for other platforms just yet. However, the publisher did mention that fans can expect other announcements related to the game to come later this month.
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Call of Duty: Black ops 4 in 2018? Blizzard/Treyarch Suggesting So - October 15, 2017
- Cloud Security Essential to Ensure Effective Endpoint Protection - September 26, 2017
- Starting An Online Business? Here Are Some Cyber Security Tips - September 22, 2017