There’s no doubt that arena shooters are currently making a strong comeback, with Quake Champions set to launch later this year and a new Unreal Tournament game already in development for some time. In addition to those two big names, there’s also a third arena shooter in the works and the game in question is being brought to us by none other than Cliff Bleszinski himself. We are, of course, talking about Lawbreakers. The upcoming title is, unsurprisingly, highly reminiscent of Unreal Tournament, but also features a class system along with a rather interesting zero-G mechanic. If you’re not yet familiar with Lawbreakers don’t worry because you’ll be able to try it out for yourself this upcoming weekend.
In a new studio update video, Bleszinski announced that Lawbreakers is scheduled to enter its second Closed Beta testing phase this weekend. To be a bit more precise, the Beta kicks off this Thursday, May 18th at 9 AM PT and will last until Sunday, May 21st at 9 PM PT. The second testing phase brings to the table a bunch of new content, including a new class dubbed Wraith, a new map called Reactor, and a new game mode known as Blitzball, among others. For the full list of changes make sure to visit the official website. While you’re there, you may also want to sign up for the Lawbreakers Closed Beta if you haven’t already. Bleszinski says that a lot more people will be invited to take part in the upcoming test, so your chances of getting a key look pretty good.
Also worth mentioning is that developer Boss Key Productions is hosting two Beta contests this weekend that can land you some pretty sweet prizes. These include Logitech peripherals, Nvidia 1080 GPUs, and even a life-sized replica of the Enforcer’s Aerator Rifle. If you want to take part in these contests all you have to do is play Lawbreakers this weekend and pray to the arena shooter gods that you’ll be picked (that last part is optional).
- Steam Hammer Enters Early Access – Steampunk MMORPG With Survival Elements
- Civilization V Lead Designer Teams up With Paradox for New Grand Strategy Game
- 10 Dark and Eerie Indie Puzzle Platformers for Gamers Who Love Creepy Things
- Mass Effect Andromeda Patch 1.06 Continues to Add Improvements to the Game
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update and First DLC Now Live - June 21, 2017
- Diablo 3 Will Finally Let You Play as a Necromancer Starting Next Week - June 21, 2017
- Black Mesa Xen Pushed Back to December, New Screenshots Revealed - June 20, 2017