Dota 2 has a lot of heroes and each of them has their own little story. Since it’s not particularly fun to learn about these stories just by reading hero backgrounds, Valve started to put together some nifty comics a while back. These comics have been coming out in digital format for some time now but back in late February the company promised its fans that a printed version is also being created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics. The initial announcement didn’t mention a release date but it looks like we finally have one anyway. According to an Amazon listing, Dota 2: The Comic Collection is set to arrive a few months from now on August 1st.
While Amazon sometimes lists placeholder release dates, that’s probably not the case here. Dota 2: The Comic Collection also shows up over on Dark Horse Comics‘ website with a publication date of August 1st. The two websites also mention that the collection costs $24.99 and features 160 pages. This hardcover collection includes all the Dota 2 comics released by Valve and can already be pre-ordered from Amazon, as well as a number of other retailers.
“The heroes of Dota 2 forge eternal legacies amidst the chaos of battle as they ward off assaults on their Ancient and push ever closer to the destruction of the enemy’s. Now glimpse beyond mere allegiance to Radiant or Dire into the storied lives of these legendary warriors with Dota 2: The Comic Collection.”
“Valve and Dark Horse are proud to present eight premier comics—collected in print for the first time—that delve into the characters and universe of the most played game on Steam. Offering a glimpse into the origins of the Ancients and the deeper workings of the world they inhabit, Dota 2: The Comic Collection is a chronicle that celebrates the passion of Dota 2 players everywhere.”
In other news, Patch 7.06 for Dota 2 recently went live and brought to the table a plethora of changes to the game. You can check out the full list of patch notes right here.
- Elite Dangerous PS4 Version Set to Arrive Late Next Month
- Lawbreakers Returns for a New Closed Beta Test This Weekend
- Steam Hammer Enters Early Access – Steampunk MMORPG With Survival Elements
- 10 Dark and Eerie Indie Puzzle Platformers for Gamers Who Love Creepy Things
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update and First DLC Now Live - June 21, 2017
- Diablo 3 Will Finally Let You Play as a Necromancer Starting Next Week - June 21, 2017
- Black Mesa Xen Pushed Back to December, New Screenshots Revealed - June 20, 2017