Ubisoft announced today that it is expanding even further across Europe by opening two new development studios. The studios will be located in Bordeaux, France and Berlin, Germany and will assist other teams around the world in creating new titles for well-established franchises. According to a new post on the Ubisoft blog, both studios will be focused on developing multiplatform AAA releases when they open their doors later this year.
“We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the best creative talent around the world, and on establishing video games as a viable career option and economic contributor in new locales,” said Christine Burgess-Quémard, executive director of Ubisoft’s worldwide studios. At the same time, the company is also looking “to offer more opportunities to skilled graduates and industry veterans in those regions.”
The Bordeaux team will be part of the fifth French studio owned by Ubisoft and will work on franchises like Just Dance, Steep, and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Meanwhile, the Berlin studio’s first project is scheduled to be an unannounced AAA title developed in collaboration with Ubisoft Blue Byte. The company is best known for strategy games like Battle Isle, The Settlers, and Anno. More recently, however, the studio also helped Ubisoft Montreal develop a couple of high-profile titles like Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor.
If you happen to live in Bordeaux or Berlin and are interested in game development, make sure to check out the official website for available job openings at Ubisoft’s new studios.
- Bayonetta Sells 100K Copies on PC in Just one Week
- Echoplex Early Access Impression – Use Yourself To Escape Yourself
- Runescape Promotion Gets you 1 Free Month of Membership if You’re a Twitch Prime User
- 24% Off Prey or Syberia 3 in Upcoming Steam Game Deals
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Review – From Lowly Freelancer to Galactic Emperor - May 27, 2017
- Choosing a Gaming Chair: Consoles vs PC - May 26, 2017
- Starpoint Gemini 2 Free on Steam Ahead of Warlords Launch - May 23, 2017