The first round of voting for the Steam Awards 2016 is over and the finalists have just recently been announced by Valve. According to the company, gamers came up with a total of over 15 million nominations for the eight categories proposed last month. Needless to say, the folks over at Valve had their work cut out for them, but they eventually managed to pull through and selected the five most voted games in each category to serve as the finalists. In addition to the eight categories, the Steam Awards was also supposed to feature an additional category suggested by gamers. The response was so overwhelming, however, that Valve eventually turned the last category into four different ones, each with its own nominees.
It’s interesting to note that, for the most part, each category features a distinct lineup of games, with only a couple of titles managing to get appear in multiple categories. For example, The Witcher 3 is competing for both the “Game Within a Game” and the “Whoooaaaaa dude!” awards. Meanwhile, DOOM has also been nominated for “Whoooaaaaa dude!” as well as the “Boom Boom” award. Incidentally, “Boom Boom” is one of the four newly announced Steam Awards categories, which also includes the “Love/Hate Relationship”, “Sit Back and Relax”, and “Better With Friends” awards. The full list of nominees for each of the categories can be found on the official website.
The Steam Awards 2016 will continue on December 22nd when you will be able to cast your vote for the “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” award. On each subsequent day until December 29 a new category will be open for voting, while on December 30 gamers will get to vote on the four new categories simultaneously. All the winners of the Steam Awards will then be revealed shortly after on New Year’s Eve.
- The First Full-length Game Developed by G2A Will Be a World War II FPS
- Resident Evil 7 Demo Now Playable on Steam
- The 15 Best Video Game Cinematic Trailers of 2016
- Star Wars Battlefront Now Playable Via Origin Access
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Tekken 7 Western Release Date Finally Confirmed for June 2nd - January 23, 2017
- Dark Souls 3 Game of the Year Edition and Second DLC Announced - January 23, 2017
- Free Copies of Starcraft 2 Are Being Given Away by Blizzard, Game Might Be Going Free-to-Play - January 23, 2017