Skyrim Special Edition is set to launch later this month for PC and consoles, complete with mods on all platforms. Well, the PC already had Skyrim mods for a while but it’s definitely great to see that Xbox One and PS4 gamers will also be able to try them out soon. Despite some misunderstandings between Bethesda and Sony last month, we learned not that long ago that the PS4 version will end up benefiting from mod support after all, albeit there will be a number of restrictions. Unfortunately, these restrictions aren’t only related to the type of mods that will be available but also their number, as the PS4 apparently only reserves 1 GB of space for the extra content.
“For Skyrim Special Edition, Mods will reserve 5 GB and 1 GB of space on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively, noted Bethesda Global Community Lead Matt Grandstaff notes in a recent blog post. While it’s true that mods come in all sizes, 1 GB still feels like a pretty harsh restriction and greatly limits modding capabilities on the PS4. Meanwhile, the Xbox One version of Skyrim Special Edition was previously believed to only reserve 2GB of space, much like Fallout 4, but it seems like Xbox One gamers can now expect quite a bit more.
Skyrim Special Edition will be available starting October 28 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Pre-loading for the Xbox One version is already available and scheduled to unlock on October 26th for the PS4. Meanwhile, the PC version will only unlock on launch day but the Special Edition will be available for free to anyone who already owns Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam.
- Legion Patch 7.1 Will Add Better PvP Rewards, Guaranteed Gear From Battlegrounds
- New Civilization VI Video Series Teaches You Everything You Need to Know About the TBS
- Amnesia Collection Coming to Spook PS4 Gamers Next Month
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Designer Explains Why the Game Was Delayed for so Long
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Vikings – Wolves of Midgard PS4 Demo Now Available - April 25, 2017
- Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide Gets New DLC Early Next Month - April 25, 2017
- Two Worlds II New DLC Coming Next Month, More Than 6 Years After the Game’s Release - April 21, 2017