It’s common knowledge that people don’t literally shit their pants when playing scary video games. Or is it? Well, Outlast 2 developer Red Barrels begs to differ and is currently trying to find out for certain with the help of a brand new product. No, it’s not another game or even a fancy Collector’s Edition for their upcoming title, but rather a companion diaper. That’s right, Outlast 2 is apparently so scary that gamers will most likely need to change their underwear several times in one sitting, so why not cut out the middleman and just wear a diaper instead? The project dubbed “Underscares” is currently up on Kickstarter and aims to raise a total of CA$ 40,000 until next month.
“Following the release of the first Outlast and feedback from fans, we wanted create something to let them know that we have been listening,” says Philippe Morin, President of Red Barrels “they have all been so vocal about their reactions, we responded in typical Red Barrels fashion: to the extreme”.
The end result is a rather modern take on the traditional and commonly used diaper, complete with drink pocket, night light, and butt-grid. Yes, butt-grid. Naturally, the Underscares only come in one color variant, namely pitch black, and feature the Outlast 2 logo on the front. Those eager to get their hands on the companion diaper must chip in at least CA$ 10 for the Underscares DIY kit, CA$ 55 for the Basic Underscares plus a Steam copy of Outlast 2, or CA$ 75 for the limited edition Underscares and a Steam copy of Outlast 2. Those willing to go the extra mile, however, can chip in a whopping $6,666 for a premium package that includes the original Outlast Chapel showcased at Pax EAST, 6 Deluxe pairs of Underscares, 6 copies of Outlast 2, and 6 sewable patches featuring the game logo.
Outlast 2 launches early 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC Review – Zombies to the Rescue
- New Darksiders Collector’s Edition to Allegedly Include Actual Horse Stable, Priced at £66,600
- CD Projekt Red, Techland, 11 Bit Studios Team Up to Help Support Fellow Polish Developers
- No Man’s Sky Designer Abandons Hello Games, Starts Working on Star Citizen Module
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update and First DLC Now Live - June 21, 2017
- Diablo 3 Will Finally Let You Play as a Necromancer Starting Next Week - June 21, 2017
- Black Mesa Xen Pushed Back to December, New Screenshots Revealed - June 20, 2017