No Man’s Sky is a classic example of pre-launch hype gone terribly wrong. For the past couple of years or so, it seemed like the game had everything it needed to become the next big thing, however, it turns out that the final product ended up offering far less than what was promised by developer Hello Games. Consequently, a lot of gamers are now looking at No Man’s Sky as being one of the most disappointing titles of 2016, with the PC community being particularly critical of the game lately as evidenced by the overwhelmingly negative scores on Steam this past month.
At the time of this writing, more than 71,000 gamers have given No Man’s Sky a Steam review and only about 32% of them had something nice to say about the game, therefore resulting in an overall mostly negative score on Valve’s marketplace. The situation over the past 30 days has been even worse, however, as only 12% of the 5,000+ reviews received in the last month have been positive, which resulted in No Man’s Sky having an overwhelmingly negative score right now.
No Man’s Sky is certainly not the worse game PC owners have ever seen, but these scores do make it one of the lowest rated major releases in recent memory. It’s safe to say that people would have been more forgiving if this was a $20-30 game but as a full-priced release, No Man’s Sky is severely lacking in meaningful content. Hello Games’ silent treatment isn’t exactly helping anyone either but at least it sounds like the company is working on a new patch as we speak, so perhaps there’s still hope left for this game.
@TingerDave Sean is fine and we're all busy on the next patch.
— Paul Weir (@earcom) October 9, 2016
More Good Stuff
- 15 Hybrid Games That Successfully Combined Multiple Genres
- New Styx Title Gets Gameplay Video, Q1 2017 Release Date
- Dota 2 Fall 2016 Battle Pass Comes With Quests, Achievements, and More
- Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Campaign Video Is Pretty Hilarious
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Quake Champions Closed Beta Continues This Weekend, New Game Mode Incoming - April 27, 2017
- Heroes of the Storm Free Bundles Now Available in All Regions - April 26, 2017
- Vikings – Wolves of Midgard PS4 Demo Now Available - April 25, 2017