Much like the original, Injustice 2 revolves around various superheroes and villains beating each other senseless. But also like in the first Injustice, there’s an underlying story here and a reason for why things are the way there are. While the story is less important in a fighting game, it’s always nice to get a bit of context and that’s exactly what the new trailer provides. Dubbed Shattered Alliances Part 1. the latest trailer for Injustice 2 focuses mostly on Superman and the game’s backstory. Why Superman in particular? Well, in seems like the Man of Steel has a bit of a warped sense of justice in the upcoming game and will stop at nothing to rid the world of crime with the help of his Regime. Again. Not everybody agrees with his methods, though, and he soon finds himself at odds with Batman and his Insurgency. You can see what happens next in the trailer below.
In short, Injustice 2 continues the story established by the first installment and explains why a number of new characters have now joined the conflict. Among them we have the likes of Supergirl, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Deadshot, Poison Ivy, and Swamp Thing, to name just a few. Injustice 2 will feature a considerably bigger cast than its predecessor, with a total of nine characters set to release via DLC. All things considered, the game will end up packing more characters than any previous NetherRealm game and will also introduce a number of new mechanics to boot. Definitely make sure to keep an eye on this one when it releases later this year.
Injustice 2 will initially launch on May 16th for PS4 and Xbox One in NA and May 19th in the UK. No news regarding a possible PC version just yet. However, the developers did confirm that the game will also make its way to Android and iOS on February 13.
- Xbox Games With Gold Lineup Revealed For March 2017
- Northgard Hands-on Preview – A Viking-themed RTS About Fame, Survival, and Exploration
- 10 Indie Games Still to Come In 2017
- Civilization 6 Upcoming DLC Adds Australia, Free Update Coming Soon
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Review – From Lowly Freelancer to Galactic Emperor - May 27, 2017
- Choosing a Gaming Chair: Consoles vs PC - May 26, 2017
- Starpoint Gemini 2 Free on Steam Ahead of Warlords Launch - May 23, 2017