Just in case you missed it, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord was featured at the E3 PC Gaming Show where we got to take a closer look at the game’s combat system. In fact, the presentation focused pretty much entirely on the combat and the new improvements we can expect to see in the upcoming game. While the original Mount & Blade is seen as one of the best and most realistic medieval games out there, the combat felt very clunky a lot of the time. Well, not anymore. If the new gameplay footage is anything to go by, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord offers smooth combat along with a slew of new features that will make battles a lot more exciting.
Some of the new combat improvements coming in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord include:
- Advanced Formations – Merge and split forces at your behest, with intuitive but powerful control over the movement, form and behavior of every unit! Order heavy infantry to hold together, shoulder-to-shoulder in a slowly advancing but near impenetrable shield wall; or launch your cavalry in lightning charges using the skein formation.
- Battlefield AI – AI commanders can execute complex tactics, utilizing the advanced formation options to present a formidable challenge. Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great, who used his superior cavalry forces to rout their counterparts in the opposing army, before delivering a crushing blow to the enemy’s main force. This not only creates the feeling of an authentic medieval battle but also proves effective in-game, as in reality.
- Sergeant System – Commanders now designate units to other lords in battle, including the player! Execute the orders issued by your commander throughout the fight, and use your own instincts to do your part and help secure victory on the field of battle. Lead the horse archers as they skirmish and harass the enemy to disrupt their lines before your allies finish them off, or take control of the cavalry and charge into the fray to devastate entire units at once!
Unfortunately, developer TaleWorlds Entertainment still haven’t announced an official release date for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Everything we’ve seen so far looks great so hopefully we won’t have to wait too long before we can get our hands on the game. If you want to learn more about the upcoming title make sure to check out the official website right here.
- E3 2017: XCOM 2 New Expansion Is at Least Twice as Big as Any Previous DLC
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Is the 2D DBZ Fighting Game We’ve Been Waiting For
- E3 2017: Metro Exodus Lets You Explore the Post-Apocalyptic Russian Wilderness
- E3 2017: Quake Champions Adds Wolfenstein Protagonist to its Lineupunt
Latest posts by Anthony Spark (see all)
- Check Out Hitman for Free on Your Platform of Choice - June 20, 2017
- E3 2017: New Monster Hunter Game Coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One - June 13, 2017
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord: Here’s a Closer Look at the New and Improved Combat System - June 13, 2017