Team Cherry’s Hollow Knight is undoubtedly one of the biggest surprises of 2017. Although it didn’t have the impact of something like Destiny 2 or Horizon: Zero Dawn, this indie metroidvania offers an incredible bang for your back. Priced at only $15, Hollow Knight was an excellent bargain right off the bat, however, its value is about to go up even more as the developers have just announced a new free content pack for the game. Known as the Grimm Troupe, the upcoming DLC is scheduled to hit next month just in time for Halloween.
The Grimm Troupe brings to the table a plethora of new content to a game that already offers dozens of hours of great gameplay. Some of the highlights include a new major quest, new charms, new friends and enemies, and even new boss fights. In addition, the Grimm Troupe also introduces a nifty feature that was severely lacking from Hollow Knight until now in the form of custom map markers. The world of Hollow Knight is absolutely huge and can often be quite confusing so having this tool should make exploring Hallownest a little bit easier. As for the other new additions, here’s what we know so far:
- New Major Quest – Light the Nightmare Lantern and summon the Grimm Troupe to Hallownest, if you dare! Take part in a twisted ritual that stretches the breadth of the kingdom and bestows the player with a powerful new ally.
- New Boss Fights – What epic quest is complete without epic show-downs? Get ready to face off against a dark new foe and a twisted scarlet spectre. Who are they? What brings them to Hallownest? We won’t spoil the surprise!
- 4 New Charms – We’re going all out with the quest, but that’s not enough! Your charm range is also expanding, granting unique new aids and abilities. You’ll have to discover their powers for yourself, but their appearance may give a few hints.
- New Enemies – The arrival of the Troupe doesn’t just mean enormous boss encounters, it also brings new smaller (but challenging!) foes to test your nail and spells against. Your Hunter’s Journal is going to be overflowing by the time your done!
- New Friends – Grimm’s clan may appear scary but they aren’t all bad. Get ready to befriend a new bunch of weirdos, including one who offers a very special service for players flush with Geo!
- New Music – Tying this whole cavalcade together are all new spooky and spine tingling tracks by Christopher Larkin. Get ready to feel the fear!
- Map Markers – In a world as big as Hallownest finding your way is the greatest challenge of all, and you’ll now have an extra tool in your cartographic journeys with custom Map Markers! Place them anywhere on your maps to remember a point of interest, a difficult foe or an item just out of reach.
The Grimm Troupe is the second of a total of three free content packs announced by Team Cherry. Details regarding the third DLC have not be revealed just yet.
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Call of Duty: Black ops 4 in 2018? Blizzard/Treyarch Suggesting So - October 15, 2017
- Cloud Security Essential to Ensure Effective Endpoint Protection - September 26, 2017
- Starting An Online Business? Here Are Some Cyber Security Tips - September 22, 2017