Hearthstone players are in for a nasty surprise later this month as the folks over at Blizzard are getting ready to increase card pack prices. Just as the title suggests, however, the price changes will only affect players located in the EU and UK. There’s no particularly good explanation regarding these changes but the official announcement from Blizzard mentions that “from time to time we make changes such as these to align with local and regional market conditions.” Make of that what you will. The good news is the prelaunch bundle for the latest Hearthstone expansion, Journey to Un’Goro, will be priced the same as before.
Judging by the recent announcement made by the company, it looks like EU players can expect to see an 11% price increase on all card pack bundles. For instance, buying two packs will soon set players back 2.99€ while buying seven packs will cost 9.99€, as opposed to the previous 2.69€ and 8.99€, respectively. While that can certainly add up to quite a few bucks if you’re looking to buy many card packs, UK-based players are looking at a much higher price increase. Prices for Hearthstone packs in the UK are set to rise by at least 21% up to as much as 50% in just a couple of weeks. That means Brits will soon need to pay anywhere between 1£ and 12£ more for their Hearthstone packs, depending on who many packs they’re buying at once.
The new price adjustments are scheduled to take effect on March 22nd on PC, MAC, and Android devices. For information on the new prices in your local currency check out the official website right here.
- Battalion 1944 to be Published by Square Enix Collective
- Nintendo Switch Streaming Services Coming Soon
- Modern Warfare Remastered DLC Coming Later This Month to PS4
- Old School Cool – Modern Successors to Games We Grew Up With
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Quake Champions Closed Beta Continues This Weekend, New Game Mode Incoming - April 27, 2017
- Heroes of the Storm Free Bundles Now Available in All Regions - April 26, 2017
- Vikings – Wolves of Midgard PS4 Demo Now Available - April 25, 2017