Real-time strategy games are not usually associated with console gaming, and yet, the original Halo Wars proved that it can be done. The game wasn’t exactly critically acclaimed, but it did well enough to warrant a sequel known simply as Halo Wars 2. The upcoming game already had a fairly successful multiplayer beta test back in June, with yet another one scheduled to launch later this month. According to 343 Industries, the next beta test will be available between January 20-30 on both Xbox One and PC via Windows 10. This particular test will focus primarily on the new Blitz game mode, which, interestingly enough, seems to be based around deck building and other card game mechanics.
“Blitz is our new twist on RTS gameplay that combines the deck building and split-second decision making of card-based strategy play with explosive tactical combat in the Halo universe,” said Dan Ayoub, Studio Head of Strategy Games at 343 Industries. “Your card deck, along with your faction leader, are your greatest resources as you assemble a collection of air, ground and infantry units and seek to out-think and out-maneuver your opponents on the battlefield.”
Halo Wars 2 is set to launch on February 21 for Xbox One and Windows 10.
- Geek Snack’s Top 10 Best PC Games of 2016
- Grab Your Free Copy of Mass Effect 2 on PC Courtesy of EA
- Paragon Introduces New Melee Carry Hero with Split Personality
- XCOM 2 is Soon Getting the Long War Treatment
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- New Injustice 2 Trailer Focuses on Superman and His Thirst for ‘Justice’ - February 23, 2017
- Northgard Hands-on Preview – A Viking-themed RTS About Fame, Survival, and Exploration - February 22, 2017
- Civilization 6 Upcoming DLC Adds Australia, Free Update Coming Soon - February 21, 2017