GOG.com is your go-to place if you’re looking for DRM-free PC games. While not required in order to play these games, the website offers a pretty neat client called GOG Galaxy. Until recently, this client was still in its Beta phase but that all changed earlier today with the release of Update 1.2. According to the developers, the update officially marks the end of GOG Galaxy’s Beta phase and brings to the table a number of highly requested features.
Likely the biggest highlight of Update 1.2 is the new Universal Cloud Saves feature. Just as its name suggests, this feature allows GOG Galaxy users to keep their save files online, as opposed to just locally. While Steam and other similar clients have already been doing this for some time, cloud saving can be considered unique in some ways on GOG Galaxy. Not because other clients can’t do it too but because GOG features many old games that can’t really be found anywhere else. Therefore, classics like Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Planescape: Torment and many more great games now finally benefit from cloud saving functionality for the very first time.
In addition to Universal Cloud Saves, Update 1.2 introduces the ability to customize the game client, while also making it less taxing on your PC. GOG Galaxy wasn’t exactly resource-intensive even before the update, but a bit of extra optimization is definitely nice to see. Aside from that, users can also expect a few other interesting features when the update hits. These include bandwidth limiting and scheduling, screenshot capturing, an FPS counter, a new chat, and more.
GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is currently only available to users who opted to test upcoming updates and will start rolling out for everyone next month.
- Square Enix Spring Surprise Box Now up for Pre-Order, EU Version Includes Just Cause 3
- Tekken 7 Season Pass to Include Two Guest Characters, New Game Mode
- Games Of Glory First Impressions – More Than Just Another MOBA
- Overwatch – Multiplayer In The Most Fun Sense
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Quake Champions Closed Beta Continues This Weekend, New Game Mode Incoming - April 27, 2017
- Heroes of the Storm Free Bundles Now Available in All Regions - April 26, 2017
- Vikings – Wolves of Midgard PS4 Demo Now Available - April 25, 2017