The long-awaited French army is finally making its way to Battlefield 1 next year. The new French Army faction along with many other new additions will be part of the game’s first expansion pack. Entitled They Shall Not Pass, the expansion brings to the table brand new maps, weapons, and more when it launches in March. Unfortunately, the folks over at DICE are still keeping most of the details under wraps at this time, so there’s little concrete information regarding the upcoming expansion for Battlefield 1. That said, the company did reveal a number of beautiful concept images that “represent the studio’s vision of the battlefields you’ll encounter in They Shall Not Pass.” Check them out below.
According to the descriptions found under some of these images on the official website, DICE took a lot of inspiration from a number of important historical battles when creating the new maps. The Battle of Verdun and the Battle of Soissons, in particular, seem to have greatly influenced the developers’ creative process. As for what this means for the game itself, it sounds like Battlefield 1 players can expect underground combat, trench warfare, and some large-scale open field tank battles for good measure. In other words, there should be a little something for everyone here.
If you’re looking to get ahead of the competition you may want to consider grabbing the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass. The pass grants two-week early access to all four expansions, including They Shall Not Pass, along with some other bonuses, including new weapons, Superior Battlepacks, unique Dog Tags, and more.
- Steam Awards Finalists Announced, Four New Categories Added
- The First Full-length Game Developed by G2A Will Be a World War II FPS
- Resident Evil 7 Demo Now Playable on Steam
- The 15 Best Video Game Cinematic Trailers of 2016
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- New Injustice 2 Trailer Focuses on Superman and His Thirst for ‘Justice’ - February 23, 2017
- Northgard Hands-on Preview – A Viking-themed RTS About Fame, Survival, and Exploration - February 22, 2017
- Civilization 6 Upcoming DLC Adds Australia, Free Update Coming Soon - February 21, 2017