ELEX, the upcoming open-world RPG developed by Piranha Bytes finally has an official release date. The developers announced earlier today that we can expect the game to launch on October 17 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. That’s actually a bit earlier than we expected, but given than ELEX is one of our most anticipated games of 2017, we’re certainly not complaining. In fact, we’re quite pumped. In addition to confirming the release date, Piranha Bytes and publisher THQ Nordic also revealed the game’s full cinematic trailer. We did see a few bits of this trailer before, but it was never shown in its entirety before today. Check it out below.
Piranha Bytes are best known for their work on the Gothic and Risen series. Those names probably don’t sound too familiar for a lot of US gamers, but these titles are quite popular across Europe. ELEX is expected to be similar in many ways to Piranha’s previous RPGs, however, the setting is quite different. This time around, the developers went for a blend of fantasy and science fiction and are marketing ELEX as a “science-fantasy” open-world RPG. What this basically means is that ELEX will feature swords and magic alongside jet packs and giant mechs. To top it all of, the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world and offers a factions system that’s similar to what we’ve seen in Gothic and Risen. This is no doubt a very ambitious project so let’s hope that Piranha can deliver on it. We’re certainly keeping a cautiously optimistic eye on this one.
ELEX will cost $60 or your regional equivalent when it launches later this year. In addition, a Collector’s Edition was also recently announced, though the NA pricing hasn’t been confirmed just yet. What we do know, however, is that the CE comes with a 10-inch figurine depicting an Alb Mage, a 2-inch amulet that looks like a combat drone, a cloth map of Magalan, an artbook, the soundtrack, and, of course, a copy of ELEX.
- Northgard Update Finally Introduces Multiplayer, New Combat Units
- New Prey Patch Focuses on PS4 Pro Support, Bug Fixes
- Get a Free Copy of Star Trek: Bridge Crew When You Buy an HTC VIVE
- Major New PC Games Worth Playing This Month – June 2017 Edition
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update and First DLC Now Live - June 21, 2017
- Diablo 3 Will Finally Let You Play as a Necromancer Starting Next Week - June 21, 2017
- Black Mesa Xen Pushed Back to December, New Screenshots Revealed - June 20, 2017