PC gamers have been missing out on a lot of great Japanese games over the years but luckily the situation has been changing for the better lately. After the smashing success of the Dark Souls series and more recently Nier: Automata, PC gamers finally got the chance to play another amazing Japanese game in the form of the original Bayonetta. The highly acclaimed third-person spectacle fighter developed by Platinum Games launched on Steam last week, more than 7 years since its initial release on the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U. Interestingly, the developers didn’t hype the port at all prior to release, though there were some hints that this was coming when Platinum released 8-bit Bayonetta on Steam earlier this month.
So how well did PC gamers receive Bayonetta? Well, according to the most recent SteamSpy data, the game was able to sell more than 100K copies in its first week. The statistics also reveal that the game managed to peak at over 3.2K concurrent players on Steam yesterday. As for the actual reception, it seems like most PC gamers agree that this is a great port all things considered. Sure, a few gamers are reporting some issues here in there but nothing major. Bayonetta currently has an overall very positive rating, with an impressive 92% of reviewers having given it a positive rating. Needless to say, all these numbers speak for themselves and are likely to get even better in the coming weeks.
The PC port of Bayonetta is available on Steam for only $20 or your regional equivalent. Despite its age, this is a must-play for fans of hack-and-slash games and very easy to recommend for any gamer, especially given the low price tag.
- Echoplex Early Access Impression – Use Yourself To Escape Yourself
- Runescape Promotion Gets you 1 Free Month of Membership if You’re a Twitch Prime User
- Batman: Arkham VR Makes its way to PC Later This Month
- Major New PC Games Worth Playing this Month – April 2017 Edition
Latest posts by Xardas (see all)
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords Review – From Lowly Freelancer to Galactic Emperor - May 27, 2017
- Choosing a Gaming Chair: Consoles vs PC - May 26, 2017
- Starpoint Gemini 2 Free on Steam Ahead of Warlords Launch - May 23, 2017