Battlefield 1 is expecting its first DLC soon, where they venture more into the French aspect of World War 1 and have now revealed a new game mode called Frontlines. It is a mix of conquest and rush where there are various control points across the map that teams must fight for until one team has completely dominated the other. It includes capturing flags and planting bombs on telegraphs. Once the enemy’s HQ control point is captured, the game transforms into a game of rush where two telegraphs must be destroyed to continue. This game mode seems to emulate a real-world experience of World War 1 where there was a constant back and forth of action.
In addition, the trailer for the mode may have given us more information than we expected. They have shown us a new tank, SMG and a cavalry sabre that is now usable as a melee weapon. Over the course of the next few weeks, more information will be released for the DLC. The most important question on the mind of many players is whether this game-mode will be behind a paywall. This was an issue in previous Battlefield games because new DLC would be released and the player-base would be split between those that had the DLC and those that did not. Unfortunately, we will have to patiently wait for more information to answer this question.
Battlefield 1 ‘Frontlines’ will be launched alongside the ‘They Shall Not Pass’ expansion in March and it will be available on PS4, PC and Xbox One.
- Battlefield 1 Game Mode ‘Frontlines’ Announced
- I Expect You to Die – PlayStation VR Review
- Pimp My PC – Snowblind Edition
- Phoning Home Review: Story of the Two Little Robots
Latest posts by Griffith (see all)
- Battlefield 1’s DLC ‘They Shall Not Pass’ Launches - March 14, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Streaming Services Coming Soon - March 8, 2017
- Hellboy 3 Cancelled according to Director Guillermo del Toro - February 21, 2017